Log in

kelkat9 in dw_britglish

Rude Gesture

Hello!  In the U.S., a common rude gesture to insult someone is to "flip a bird" which is basically raising your middle finger at someone.  What would the equivalent be in the U.K.?

Thanks for your help!


Raise the hand with the forefinger and middle finger in a V shape, with your palm facing towards you. Well done. You have just told the recipient to f--- off.
This is *not* the same as Victory - in that case, the palm is facing away from you.
That was a great description! Thank you so much!